Friday, August 20, 2010

Is it wrong to flirt with someone at church? and how much of an age difference is too much?

I am almost 19 and I like a guy at my church but is he is age 22 - 25. Is that too much of an age difference? He's really good with kids but unforetunately all the children in our congragation are girls so some people seem to think he is a creeper and I swear he is not! It is such a double standard because if I treated kids that way (i.e. hugged them when they hugged me) it would be seen as ok but I don't want people to think he's a creeper because he chose to date me. I think he likes me too though. We are both really shy so we don't talk much but I am in the choir so we often catch each others eye during the service and we smile at each other, blush and then look away and whenever we have a hymn about love he always looks at me right on the word love. Basically do you think it is okay if I approach him after church and subtley let him know I am interested. If so, how do I do that? I also don't want to be too public b/c I'd have to introduce the idea of us possibly dating gradually?Is it wrong to flirt with someone at church? and how much of an age difference is too much?
you can deffinetely like someone at church!!! from the very beginning you have something in common- similar values! it's a good place to meet someone!


and once you are over 18, then a 3 to 7 year age difference is not too much, it is perfectly fine!


as far as letting him know you are interested, ask him after choir one day if he wants to go with you (or a group of friends) to get ice cream and then see where it goes from there!


good luck!Is it wrong to flirt with someone at church? and how much of an age difference is too much?
I met my husband at church. the way I approached him was to ask him what he was doing for evening meal and ask if he wanted to eat with me? He said ( and he's REALLY Shy) he never turns down a free meal. Go for it girl, there is no such thing as too many years in between as long as both are over 18. Have fun
No it's not wrong as long as your not like blowing him kissing as the service is going on they're nothing bad with flirting with someone from your church. As for age that's a goo age difference old is when they guy could be your dad but what 3 to 6 yr is not a big difference. I agree it is a double standerd.Yes it's okay maybe just an invite to get coffee or something not like let go on a date but maybe as your taking mention a place you like to go and say something like maybe sometime we can go together and maybe you'll like it too. Good Luck ^_^ DJ
it is not too much of an age difference if you have the maturity to date an older guy. i think church is actually a really good place to meet a guy, because then you know that you share at least some fundamental values with each other. based on the limited contact you've had so far, i would probably talk with him more and get to know him better before you decide to date him... maybe invite him out to coffee, just to talk about the sermon that you heard that day, that will give you some common ground, and eventually you'll probably just be talking about whatever and getting to know each other better. start out with the 'just friends' thing, especially if you want to keep it low key in front of other church members, then when you decide to make it official, everyone will just be like 'i knew it!' lol good luck
No, only marry outside of your religion.





I kid.





Go on, just don't let the preacher catch you.
i wouldn't say it's WRONG, but if you do end up dating this guy, i'd keep the flirting very low-key.





before you think about being with this guy, think about why some people think he's creepy, and be OBJECTIVE, don't let your feelings cloud your judgment. sure, i'd hug people if they hugged me, but does he hug too close? etc.





and 18 - 25...it's not a bad difference, but it's not all about age, it's about maturity. at this point in your lives, it's highly likely that he's at one point and you're at another, and you're not compatible at this point in time. at 25, he's gone through a lot of growth you haven't yet. if he's 22, this is much less likely. but you're the only one who will know if 18-25 is too big a gap.
  • viikii.net
  • thick hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment